Gods in coM

Discussion in 'GODS, DESERTS, IMPS, LETTERS AND WAR' started by boggon, Sep 2, 2006.

1. boggon New Member

I love the way the gods are playing a board game with Ricewind and co.'s lives for fun and they hear the dice sometimes. It's just genius.

Blind Io, Offler (the crocodile god), Zephyrus (god of slight breezes), Fate and the Lady were playing (i think) and The Lady won (i think)
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

The Lady [i:3559ae0650]always[/i:3559ae0650] wins.
  3. lipi New Member

It's been a while since I read it, but as I recall, all the insinuations seemed to point that she's really Lady Luck. am I right?
  4. Angua_rox New Member

I never got who she really was. . ..
  5. Electric_Man Templar

Yeah, definitely. But if you say her name, she'll abandon you - sorry Lipi, you're destined to be unfortunate now.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

So are you Ben, you just quoted her !! **evil laugh**

I really should read CoM again, I'm sure there are plenty of song references in there about Lady L...
  7. lipi New Member

[quote:bfc43991f7="Electric_Man"]But if you say her name, she'll abandon you - sorry Lipi, you're destined to be unfortunate now.[/quote:bfc43991f7]

Ah, that is a superstition I have never heard about. Cultural differences and all. Well, you live and learn.

And, she won't abandon me. I have her tied to a post in a hidden room in the cellar. So: MWAHAAAHAAAAAAA :badgrin:
  8. Ba Lord of the Pies

She never truly abandons anyone. She just changes which face she shows. Yes, she is the one-in-a-million chance. But she's the rest of the chances too.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It's not a superstition, Lipi, it's Discworld.
  10. Marcia Executive Onion

I want to sing show tunes now.
  11. inwig New Member

[quote:4e1b9cd409="Marcia"]I want to sing show tunes now.[/quote:4e1b9cd409]

That was MP and Maskerade wasn't it?

inwig
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I think Marcia might have been referencing Guys and Dolls, actually, Inwig.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:6917a77f1a="Buzzfloyd"]I think Marcia might have been referencing Guys and Dolls, actually, Inwig.[/quote:6917a77f1a]
    That was certainly what I was referring to in the first place, so if she was, she was spot on :D
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm sure she was. Marcia knows her shows.