Getting to know you: multiple-choice game

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Would it really surprise anyone if I picked latex?
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I guess beeeeeeeeeees!
  3. redneck New Member

I'll go with a painkiller.
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Which leaves me with. E) Horses....
  5. Hsing Moderator

Redneck is right, I react allergic to a popular painkiller (and paradox or strange to a bunch of other stuff).
  6. redneck New Member

At what age did I go on my first date?

A) 14
    B) 18
    C) 22
    D) 26
    E) none of the above
  7. Ba Lord of the Pies

As a Witdan, Redneck is clearly a "swingin," "with-it," and possibly even a "happenin'" fellow, and therefore Ba is going to guess that he was knocking them dead at the tender age of 14.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

I take 18 cos its not a real date unless you can have wine with your dinner... As a random justification as any.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm in a contrary mood today, so I shall say E) None of the above.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I say C, 22. And why am I not surprised that Nate's question is about his love life? You're obsessed, man!
  11. redneck New Member

It's only a small obsession. I was trying to think of something funny/interesting about me and could only think of three things (yesterday was a very long day. 10 hours at work and then three more at play rehearsal). So I just picked this one.

The most culinary god, Ba, is very kind to think of his humble servant in such a manner. He would not, technically, be correct, but the image is greatly appreciated.

Grace, however, would be spot on. I'm only obsessed when I have time to think about it. Lately that's been a little few and far between. It's just that when I do think about it, it drives me insane. Or at least a little more so.

And Kat is indeed quite contrary today. Spiky, only had wine on a date once. That was when I discovered I didn't like Merlot.
  12. spiky Bar Wench

red many people don't like merlot. its nothing to be ashamed of... although yelling "Dear god this wine is shit!" at the restaurant in front of your date would be bad form.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

We'll let your excuses stand this time, Nate... ;)

Baby Garner has the occasional restful period, but often likes to go mental and practise breakdancing, karate (Mynona, how have you achieved this?) and knitting while in the womb. Well, that's what it feels like anyway. Several things always seem to trigger a flurry of activity. Which of these is not one of them?

1) I am trying to go to sleep.
    2) I am in church singing hymns.
    3) Garner has been talking for a while.
    4) I am reading the baby one of his books.
  14. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'll go for 3.
    I think the lower frequency of a male voice could be more soothing.
  15. Tephlon Active Member

I'll take 2. Singing to babies always worked for me.
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba will say 4. Who doesn't like a good story?
  17. TamyraMcG Active Member

All that is left is 1 and I'm almost certain that is not it, but it would be nice for you if it were.
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The Ba takes it! The baby gets excited about hymns, Garnerian rants and the chance to wake his sleeping mother, but calms down at story time.
  19. mowgli New Member

::guiltily remembers that she hasn't read to Browgli-spawn in a while::

But then again, it's doubtful that he'll enjoy "The Great Book of Answers to All Your Breastfeeding Questions" much anyway!
  20. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba is currently writing a book. Which of the following does not describe one of the main characters?

A) A human teenager
    B) A hodgepodge monster
    C) A psychotic swordsman
    D) A four-armed giant
    E) A shapeshifting assassin
  21. TamyraMcG Active Member

my guess is d, don't knw why I just think Ba would make the other choices more interesting.
  22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I feel like it would be cheating if I answered, since I know this one! So I'll sit on my hands for a bit.
  23. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Human... teenager... both in the same sentence. Methinks Ba is having a jest. Such a creature is surely too mythological. It's got to be A :D
  24. spiky Bar Wench

I'm taking B because I don't think there's any such thing as hodgepodge.
  25. Katcal I Aten't French !

E would be cool...
  26. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Under duress, I'm guessing C.
  27. Ba Lord of the Pies

And Tamyra's got it. There are all of those things except a four-armed giant, who was a character from a previous writing exercise of Ba's.
  28. TamyraMcG Active Member

Now I want to read about the four armed giant, the characters in this book sound pretty cool though.

Which of the following scars do I not have:
    1- an S shape 4 stitch scar on my hand from a broken glass.
    2- an 8 stitch scar on the sole of my foot from a catfood canlid.
    3- an 9 stitch scar from my appendectomy.
    4- matching 10 stitch scars on my palms from Carpal tunnel surgery.
  29. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba will guess three.
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I would also guess 3, since that seems pretty big for an appendectomy (mine's only a few inches), but - since Ba got there first - I'll go for 2 and say that's smaller as well!
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh well, 1 it is for me then...
  32. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I guess it's #4 for me then.
  33. TamyraMcG Active Member

Ba got it first, I still have my appendix, so there is no scar there, the others are all real and the one on my foot was from 1999 and it still sometimes twinges.
  34. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Ouch, Tamyra! My appendix scar is the only place on my belly to have got stretchmarks (so far).
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Where are you, Ba? It's your turn.
  36. Ba Lord of the Pies

Right, right, this thing... Okay, which of the following table-top games has Ba not played.

A: Call of Cthulhu
    B: Order of the Stick
    C: Munchkin
    D: Descent
    E: Betrayal at House on the Hill
  37. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hmm... I'm going to guess Descent. (Although, who needs Cthulhu when you have Ba?)
  38. Katcal I Aten't French !

Meh. I'll go for the one I know the least, I guess, E.
  39. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I'll guess at C
    Munchkin sounds more like the name of a breakfast cereal and I can't imagine Ba playing with his food.
  40. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ahhh! Joc does not know Munchkin? How can he possible live with himself? He must find the game NOW and play it immediately.
  41. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Munchkin is awesome!
  42. TamyraMcG Active Member

It is! I have the original version and Munchkin Cthulu, sadly still in the plastic. I keep forgetting to take it with me to the farm. I will guess A. I have also played a few turns at Descent, but I did not have the time to play until 4 in the morning.
  43. spiky Bar Wench

I think that leaves B: Order of Stick.

I do have to confess I have not played any of them and have only heard of Cthulu through mentions of people on this board... My life is so deprived and I will just have to add these to my list of things to do before i die.
  44. Hsing Moderator

*revive*
    *bump*

Well, which was it? :)

45. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

*re-bump* Yeah, Ba, which was it? I've been waiting all this time to find out!
  46. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

*re-re-bump*
    Maybe we can tempt the Lord out of his hiding place with a trail of pies...
    Π ... Π... Π... Π...
    Now I'm really curious.