Do we need a scrapbook?

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Cat, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Cat New Member

I was thinking we could create a forum where we can post pictures of us. It would be nice to see the faces of all the Boardanians we talk to on a regular basis. Entering a pic is voluntay ofcourse. I know Doors has quite a few hosted on his site.

I'm not sure if it should be a seperate forum or if we should put it with the introduction thread.

Vote away!
  2. chrisjordan New Member

Would we be able to submit our own drawings of ourselves and other people?
  3. Cat New Member

[quote:4abadda603="chrisjordan"]Would we be able to submit our own drawings of ourselves and other people?[/quote:4abadda603]

Everyone could, except you. :wink:

We could create seperate threads for drawings, pics of us and other pics we want to show. First I want to know if people like the idea of having pics here.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

I don't mind at all, I think a lot of us have pictures up somewhere or other. We could add a gallery module to the site with pictures of ourselves and any artwork we do? :)
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I really like being able to see the faces of the people I talk to online. For one thing, it really helps you to remember the human you're talking to, and keep arguments toned down. It's also interesting, and handy for Doormencons!
  6. Tonyblack Guest

It's a great idea - I say 'yes'
  7. Electric_Man Templar

I can't think of a reason why not.

Hmm, maybe I need to practice my 'grumpy git' thing more :roll:
  8. Tempus New Member

Absolutely - it's nice to be able to put a face to a name.
  9. Silmaril New Member

Yeah, that's a good idea. It would save embarassment (like how I always assumed Maljonic was female until I saw his wedding photos! :oops: )
  10. Maljonic Administrator

I had a thought today that we could have little competitions where people can upload pictures of Discworld art they've made into a gallery and we could vote on the ones we like the best... we could even have a little box that announces the winners and put their pictures on display at the top of the site next to the logo; I'm probably getting way ahead of myself though. :)
  11. Brorien New Member

I say yes, I've always enjoyed having some idea who I was talking to online. Once I'd played and talked with people on DAoC (that's a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game) I'd usually ask to exchange pictures with them so I had an idea who my friends actually were. A refusal to do so is ok, no pressure. It's just nice to have an idea who's who.
  12. MissTeak New Member

I like the idea of a gallery forum, with member's photos and Discworld art and non-Discworld art and so on. I think restrictions or something should be placed on the size of the pics, though, because of varying 'net connection speeds between members. Like how on The Board (you know the one I'm talking about...), it's firmly recommended that avatars be kept to a smaller size.
  13. Tephlon Active Member

Faces are nice.

I just hope I can find a picture that's okay. :)