Deleting the account of MyNameisNobody

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Garner, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

In this thread, he claims that this is his first forum:
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.org/fortopic747.html

His exact words are "This is my first forum and i don't know any pratchett fans, so i've always wanted to ask people what their favourite DW book is? "

He's shown a tendancy to start a number of new topics and post very little on others except to take unreasonable exception to jokes made between myself and other friends on the boards.

Doors had words with him, and his reply, in this thread, reveals not only that he's from the old site, but suggests also that he'd run afowl of us there.
    http://www.terrypratchettbooks.org/fortopic662-60.html

His exact words are "Ahhh, just like being back on the HC board. Cunts!!!"

Now, I don't know who they were on the old boards, I don't care. I don't know why they came here, and I don't care. Account should be banned, IP should be banned, and we move on. Any objections?
  2. Orrdos God

None from me
  3. Guest Guest

Ja Wohl Mein feuhrer! :butthead:
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, you can't help but thank the little w***er for helping you convince people, can you Garner ?
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:cc71cf9a21="MyNameIsNobody"]Ja Wohl Mein feuhrer! :butthead:[/quote:cc71cf9a21]

Well, you can do your part by not posting here. If your life is so incomplete that you can't live without harassing us, I suggest sucide or therapy. Your choice.
  7. Hsing Moderator

True point.

I too agree. There's no need to say anything else.

Edit: I was referring to Katcal.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I dunno, I kind of feel this sort of fanclub helps validate my older paranoia. I know we (me especially) must have chased off scores of newbies who would have been good people to know just because they got off on a wrong foot and I was expecting to be baited by the old axis posters, but when they try to infiltrate the site to make someone look like a bully it really only proves they're a very strange sort of bully themselves.

The kind that hides in the bushes outside your house, wanking into the gutter while they peer in your windows and mutter to themselves...

Course, now we can observe their IP numbers and compare them with moderators from other sites to find out who they really are, and then they just disappear.
  9. Delphine New Member

No objection. Toodles, you wanker.
  10. drunkymonkey New Member

Sounds like quite a nice chap.

But no, I don't have any objections either.
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

It is quite amazing how some people go out of their way to prove they are the best at playing silly buggers... :roll:
  12. lipi New Member

Just do it!

(And no, I'm not adverising a trademark ;) )
  13. Electric_Man Templar

Agree, I also propose that we delete (move to the dungeon dimension anyway) the threads they made in Boardania. Given his behaviour, they're obviously just random spammish type posts.

edited to add last sentence
  14. Hex New Member

hear hear. Ban away!
  15. TheJackal Member

Hmm, have I just observed a masterclass on what [i:ffc0cf8532]not[/i:ffc0cf8532] to do when joining a board?!! Ah, good times *chuckles*
  16. Hsing Moderator

Well, maybe we're all having our legs pulled and it's part of the Boardlympics?
  17. Maljonic Administrator

It's been deleted, the posts still appear as if it were a guest. The user was British by the way, well they were in England anyway.

P.S. any of the mods can just delete any of the more offensive stuff, I hadn't followed where the posts are, or move stuff to the DD like Electric_Man said.
  18. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i'd just locked one thread to preserve the text, wasn't sure if that'd have worked anyway. will move anything that needs it later on when i'm more awake. thanks mal.

any chance you feel up to asking the mod over at the Harper Collins site if that IP number checks out against anyone there? might be nice to see if they'll crack down on their members harassing us
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

replying to hsing's wondering if we were having our legs pulled, i had considered it might have been an april fools day gag. i'd also sort of invoked the ironygods the other day...

i was thinking to myself "you know, it's great... we haven't had any flame wars, we haven't had any infighting, no sedition, no hatred... and it's all thanks to having moderators and a few people leaving to join a community more suited to their tastes"

the irony gods smiled and said 'lets give that boy a troll'
  20. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:827f1468aa="Garner"]

any chance you feel up to asking the mod over at the Harper Collins site if that IP number checks out against anyone there? might be nice to see if they'll crack down on their members harassing us[/quote:827f1468aa]I thought about doing that, I doubt she would do anything about it though as long as they aren't bothering her or the board members over there. I suppose if we were continually harrassed by someone like that we could mention it if they kept going on and on about the other place.
  21. Roman_K New Member

Ah, how nice, we had an sad pathetic little excuse of a life and I missed him. How very sad.

As for asking the HC mod if they could take a look at the IP, I don't see why not. Effective or not, the act of asking costs us nothing. If he, or someone else of his ilk comes back, we ask again. I think that there won't be a reply the first time, but I'm certain that number three, if it arrives, will have a response.

On the other hand, it might best be avoided because it might cause the mod there to have a 'nice little talk' with the posters there, asking them not to pester us please. And we all know where [i:de25d97509]that[/i:de25d97509] will get us.
  22. Orrdos God

No, the mod over there won't provide us with any information regarding IP addresses of people.

I know that for a fact, cause I asked her myself ages ago. It's harper collins policy to protect the personal information of their posters, so they wouldn't be prepared to give out IP addresses
  23. spiky Bar Wench

*does happy dance*

Wanders off to find some breakfast...
  24. Pixel New Member

[quote:f178a5dad9="Maljonic"][quote:f178a5dad9="Garner"]

any chance you feel up to asking the mod over at the Harper Collins site if that IP number checks out against anyone there? might be nice to see if they'll crack down on their members harassing us[/quote:f178a5dad9]I thought about doing that, I doubt she would do anything about it though as long as they aren't bothering her or the board members over there. I suppose if we were continually harrassed by someone like that we could mention it if they kept going on and on about the other place.[/quote:f178a5dad9]

Taking this as the most obvious post to reply to - but bearing in mind later posts - is there any point in asking the HC board moderator to take any disciplinary action when she allows the posters who troll-bombed the HC site to drive us off to remain as members? "Nobody" (well that is what it says its name is!) is an obvious troll who can't even keep his/her/its story straight - Mal - give it the chop, please.

Edited for spelling and pnctuation

Oh - and grammar as well - since Grace seems to be back on the board - I think it should be "the most obvious post to which to reply"!
  25. Garner Great God and Founding Father

... pixel, are you competing for the Roman K Award For Not Reading Before Talking?

we already chopped him. harper collins site don't care about trolls, they just want to promote book sales.

story's over and done.
  26. Pixel New Member

[quote:d62b7dd42f="Garner"]... pixel, are you competing for the Roman K Award For Not Reading Before Talking?

we already chopped him. harper collins site don't care about trolls, they just want to promote book sales.

story's over and done.[/quote:d62b7dd42f]

Yes, I did eventually realise that I had posted "after the event" - my excuse is that I have been working a few tricky shows recently - difficult (or impossible) directors, seriously complex soundtracks, assorted other tasks which get dropped on me as a general-purpose techie on any show I do - sometimes I don't have the time to give this board the attention it deserves and absorb all the current situation, but still want to express my feelings - so this time - mea culpa, mea culpa.