Clarecraft for sale

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by jarmara, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jarmara New Member

I really hope this is ok to post here, if not I'm very sorry and won't be at all cross if it gets deleted.

I'm getting married next year and although it's hardly a grand affair, paying for it is scary, therefore I have to flog my treasured possessions.
    First on the list is my collection of Clarecraft Discworld figurines. They've all been well cared for over the years but they have seen a bit of life, not least my ex's two nephews! They list as follows

Ridcully - Staff got broken but you honestly can't tell unless you look really hard
    Granny Weatherwax - No damage I'm aware of
    Detritus - pinhead size chip on the base
    Greebo Bloody Furious - no damage
    Death Bookend - no damage
    Rincewind Bookend - no damage
    Death Swinging Scythe - I think those perishing kids broke the scythe, but it mended well and it broke where it sits in his hands anyway.
    The Patrician and Wuffles - No damage
    Carrot and the Dragon Bookend - no damage
    Death and Granny Playing Cards - no damage

The Death and Granny one is indeed the limited edition piece and I do have the provenence somewhere. Actually, should anyone be devoted enough a fan to want the papers and things I've saved from my attendence at the first two Disc Con's (1996 and 1998) and possibly some mailings from the Clarecraft collectors guild you could buy that too.

Slideshow of the figures - s14.photobucket.com/al...a47a05.pbr

Shout up if you could give them a home, I'd really prefer not to invoke the evil that is ebay.
  2. Tephlon Active Member

jarmara,

Welcome to the Unseen Messageboard

Question: Where do you live? (Country, I'm not trying to get personal info)
    Shipping costs may be a problem for a Brit if you turn out to live in the United States. Or vice versa.

Tip: When giving an URL to people make sure it's a URL. (The link to the pictures... It doesn't work) There is a preview.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Sounds expensive. You might be better putting them on eBay anyway, then letting people bid on them. I'd buy the lot if I had enough money. :)
  4. chrisjordan New Member

Clarecraft shut down, right? How much are they worth now?

(Jarmara's been posting for a short while now, Tephlon. :razz: Not copiously, but she's been around. I think it's the fact that she doesn't still have her avatar. That's how I recognise half the people on this board, and my brain's only just adjusting to Angstus being Spiky...)
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Yes Clarecraft have closed down. Whoever owns the domain name keeps renewing it though, last time was this January renewed until September 2008, so I wonder if they're hoping to open again soon one day, or do something similar?
  6. Tephlon Active Member

D'oh!

Sorry Jarmara!

And you're right Chris, I didn't register her because of the lack of Avatarism.
  7. jarmara New Member

I'll try to sort out the avatar soon, been busy.

The link thing is odd, it worked fine everywhere else.

Yes, Clarecraft went in Oct 2005, although the license to make them is held by a former employee who I understand does intend to start making them again sometime. Personally, I think the quality of the models suffered with the death of Leigh Pammett and the loss of Bernard and his family. All mine were bought in fairly early days.

I will go to ebay if I have to, but I know too many people who've been badly ripped off by people when selling there. As far as I can tell, the least those things tend to go for is £10.00 but some can go for hundreds. The average seems to be £30-£40 each.
  8. jarmara New Member

9. Maljonic Administrator

It's probably easier to do it that way anyway, even if someone from here ends up buying them.

P.S. You should stick the words "Terry Pratchett" and "Discworld" in each item's title or description so they get better search results for those terms in eBay.
  10. jarmara New Member

Ah, good idea! Thanks
  11. Mincewind New Member

Obviously I'm a bit late to be buying any of these, but I'm after some Clarecraft bookends. (this thread came up pretty high on my google search)

There seems to be none for sale on ebay. :(
    Anyone got any ideas where I can pick some up?
  12. Maljonic Administrator

The only thing I can think of is to keep checking eBay, or perhaps asking a local shop to keep an eye out... or look up the owner of the the old Clarecraft site and see if they have any.